Welcome to Hutchins Police Department
The mission of the Hutchins Police Department is to effectively and efficiently provide for the protection of lives and property, preserve the public peace, and provide needed community services with the highest level of professionalism and ethical standards.
- $7,500 Reward Offered for Most Wanted Fugitive From Laredo October 17, 2014AUSTIN - The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) has added Alfredo Rangel, 37, to the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitives list, and a cash reward up to $7,500 is now being offered for information leading to his arrest....................
- DPS Honors Exemplary Employees, Texas Police Officer October 16, 2014AUSTIN -The Texas Public Safety Commission (PSC) and the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) Director Steven McCraw presented a Purple Heart and two Director's Citations to DPS employees for their outstanding service....................
- DPS Criminal Investigations Division Integral in Austin Area Drug Trafficking Arrests October 16, 2014Federal and state authorities have arrested 24 individuals, including Austin lawyers Richard Patrick Fagerberg, age 45, and David Ramos, age 39, for their roles in a cocaine and methamphetamine distribution operation....................
- Obey the Law: Don’t Pass Stopped School Buses October 16, 2014AUSTIN - In conjunction with National School Bus Safety Week (Oct. 20-24), the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) is reminding drivers that it is illegal to pass any school bus that is stopped and operating a visual signal....................
- Color of Law: Agent Exposes Civil Rights Crimes in Alabama Prison October 17, 2014There was never any dispute that Rocrast Mack, a 24-year-old serving time on drug charges in a state prison in Alabama, died at the hands of corrections officers in 2010. What wasn’t immediately clear was how and why the inmate sustained a lethal beating. When FBI Special Agent Susan Hanson opened her case at the […]
- Director Comey Discusses Impact of Emerging Technology on Public Safety October 16, 2014James Comey, speaking today at the Brookings Institution in Washington D.C., talked about the challenges that law enforcement face as we carry out our duty to keep Americans safe while addressing the issue of “Going Dark.”
- Sex Trafficker Receives 40-Year Sentence October 14, 2014It is yet another example of how social media can be dangerous for young people. Recently, a Houston man was sentenced to 40 years in prison on child sex trafficking charges after identifying and contacting young girls through social media platforms and then luring them into prostitution.
- Cyber’s Most Wanted: We Need Your Help October 14, 2014During National Cyber Security Awareness Month, we’d like to call your attention to the nearly 30 individuals currently featured on the Cyber’s Most Wanted section of the FBI’s public website in the hope that someone, somewhere, has information that could lead to their apprehension.
Adults should accompany children while they are “Trick or Treating” Adults should carry a flashlight to help them see better and be seen better. Kids should wear reflective costumes. Kids should never dart into streets and to be sure and look both ways before crossing a street. Pets should be left at home.
October 5-11 is Fire Prevention Week. Please visit Fire Prevention Week for useful information regarding fire safety in your home, with helpful facts and information about the dangers of home fires and smoke alarm safety.