Welcome to Hutchins Police Department
The mission of the Hutchins Police Department is to effectively and efficiently provide for the protection of lives and property, preserve the public peace, and provide needed community services with the highest level of professionalism and ethical standards.
- Select Driver License Offices Open Saturdays to Issue Election Identification Certificates October 20, 2014AUSTIN - The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS), in advance of the upcoming November election, is continuing to offer Election Identification Certificates (EIC) to individuals who lack an acceptable form of photo ID needed to vote....................
- Reminder: Reward Increased to $8,000 for Most Wanted Sex Offender October 20, 2014AUSTIN - The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) is reminding the public that the reward for Robert Chrismon, 51, has increased to $8,000 for information leading to his capture...................
- $7,500 Reward Offered for Most Wanted Fugitive From Laredo October 17, 2014AUSTIN - The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) has added Alfredo Rangel, 37, to the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitives list, and a cash reward up to $7,500 is now being offered for information leading to his arrest....................
- DPS Honors Exemplary Employees, Texas Police Officer October 16, 2014AUSTIN -The Texas Public Safety Commission (PSC) and the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) Director Steven McCraw presented a Purple Heart and two Director's Citations to DPS employees for their outstanding service....................
- Director Addresses Law Enforcement Partners at IACP Conference October 28, 2014On October 27, 2014, FBI Director James Comey spoke at The International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) annual conference, briefing participants on some of the FBI’s current priorities and discussing several major issues facing the law enforcement community as a whole.
- Cyber Crime: Purchase Order Scam Leaves a Trail of Victims October 27, 2014What began as a scheme to defraud office supply stores has evolved into more ambitious crimes that have cost retailers around the country millions of dollars—and the Nigerian cyber criminals behind the fraud have also turned at-home Internet users into unsuspecting accomplices.
- The Battle Against Botnets October 27, 2014Botnets—nefarious networks of computers infected by automated malware programs—are on the rise, and as we come to the end of this year’s National Cyber Security Awareness Month, we’d like to call your attention to what the FBI—along with our public and private sector partners—is doing about them and how you can minimize your chances of […]
- Agency Cooperation Leads to 30-Year Sentence in Child Exploitation Case October 23, 2014Interagency cooperation resulted in a 30-year prison sentence for a Michigan man convicted on multiple counts of attempted sexual exploitation of a child, attempted coercion of a child, and receipt and distribution of child pornography.
Adults should accompany children while they are “Trick or Treating” Adults should carry a flashlight to help them see better and be seen better. Kids should wear reflective costumes. Kids should never dart into streets and to be sure and look both ways before crossing a street. Pets should be left at home.
October 5-11 is Fire Prevention Week. Please visit Fire Prevention Week for useful information regarding fire safety in your home, with helpful facts and information about the dangers of home fires and smoke alarm safety.