Welcome to Hutchins Police Department
The mission of the Hutchins Police Department is to effectively and efficiently provide for the protection of lives and property, preserve the public peace, and provide needed community services with the highest level of professionalism and ethical standards.
- DPS Reminds Texans of Safety Tips for Halloween October 30, 2014AUSTIN - The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) is urging drivers to use extra caution in areas where children are likely to be gathering this Halloween....................
- Select Driver License Offices Open Saturdays to Issue Election Identification Certificates October 20, 2014AUSTIN - The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS), in advance of the upcoming November election, is continuing to offer Election Identification Certificates (EIC) to individuals who lack an acceptable form of photo ID needed to vote....................
- Reminder: Reward Increased to $8,000 for Most Wanted Sex Offender October 20, 2014AUSTIN - The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) is reminding the public that the reward for Robert Chrismon, 51, has increased to $8,000 for information leading to his capture...................
- $7,500 Reward Offered for Most Wanted Fugitive From Laredo October 17, 2014AUSTIN - The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) has added Alfredo Rangel, 37, to the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitives list, and a cash reward up to $7,500 is now being offered for information leading to his arrest....................
- Top Ten Fugitive Eric Frein in Custody October 30, 2014Eric Frein, the alleged shooter of two Pennsylvania State Police troopers, has been taken into custody. Frein was added last month to the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list. The shootings occurred on September 12, when a gunman ambushed the two officers at the Pennsylvania State Police Blooming Grove Barracks in Pike County, Pennsylvania.
- Violent Crimes Against Children International Task Force Celebrates 10 Years October 30, 2014With nearly 40 countries represented, the FBI’s Violent Crimes Against Children International Task Force aims to identify and bring to justice anyone involved in violent child sexual exploitation activities, whether online or in person, and to identify and rescue the victims of these crimes no matter where in the world they may be.
- Director Addresses Law Enforcement Partners at IACP Conference October 28, 2014On October 27, 2014, FBI Director James Comey spoke at The International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) annual conference, briefing participants on some of the FBI’s current priorities and discussing several major issues facing the law enforcement community as a whole.
- Cyber Crime: Purchase Order Scam Leaves a Trail of Victims October 27, 2014What began as a scheme to defraud office supply stores has evolved into more ambitious crimes that have cost retailers around the country millions of dollars—and the Nigerian cyber criminals behind the fraud have also turned at-home Internet users into unsuspecting accomplices.
Adults should accompany children while they are “Trick or Treating” Adults should carry a flashlight to help them see better and be seen better. Kids should wear reflective costumes. Kids should never dart into streets and to be sure and look both ways before crossing a street. Pets should be left at home.
October 5-11 is Fire Prevention Week. Please visit Fire Prevention Week for useful information regarding fire safety in your home, with helpful facts and information about the dangers of home fires and smoke alarm safety.