Welcome to Hutchins Police Department
The mission of the Hutchins Police Department is to effectively and efficiently provide for the protection of lives and property, preserve the public peace, and provide needed community services with the highest level of professionalism and ethical standards.
- Select Driver License Offices Open Saturdays to Issue Election Identification Certificates October 20, 2014AUSTIN - The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS), in advance of the upcoming November election, is continuing to offer Election Identification Certificates (EIC) to individuals who lack an acceptable form of photo ID needed to vote....................
- Reminder: Reward Increased to $8,000 for Most Wanted Sex Offender October 20, 2014AUSTIN - The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) is reminding the public that the reward for Robert Chrismon, 51, has increased to $8,000 for information leading to his capture...................
- $7,500 Reward Offered for Most Wanted Fugitive From Laredo October 17, 2014AUSTIN - The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) has added Alfredo Rangel, 37, to the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitives list, and a cash reward up to $7,500 is now being offered for information leading to his arrest....................
- DPS Honors Exemplary Employees, Texas Police Officer October 16, 2014AUSTIN -The Texas Public Safety Commission (PSC) and the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) Director Steven McCraw presented a Purple Heart and two Director's Citations to DPS employees for their outstanding service....................
- Agency Cooperation Leads to 30-Year Sentence in Child Exploitation Case October 23, 2014Interagency cooperation resulted in a 30-year prison sentence for a Michigan man convicted on multiple counts of attempted sexual exploitation of a child, attempted coercion of a child, and receipt and distribution of child pornography.
- FBI and Secret Service Team Up to Educate Private Sector on Cyber Crime October 23, 2014During a Financial Services Roundtable event held October 20 in Washington, D.C. as part of National Cyber Security Awareness Month, members of the FBI and U.S. Secret Service discussed a number of various cyber-related topics to educate and raise awareness of the cyber threat.
- Cyber Security: Task Force Takes ‘Whole Government’ Approach October 20, 2014In today’s virtual world, it is well known that cyber crime can jeopardize our privacy, our economy, and even our national security. Less well known is an organization—the National Cyber Investigative Joint Task Force—that is working around the clock to fight the threat.
- Color of Law: Agent Exposes Civil Rights Crimes in Alabama Prison October 17, 2014There was never any dispute that Rocrast Mack, a 24-year-old serving time on drug charges in a state prison in Alabama, died at the hands of corrections officers in 2010. What wasn’t immediately clear was how and why the inmate sustained a lethal beating. When FBI Special Agent Susan Hanson opened her case at the […]
Adults should accompany children while they are “Trick or Treating” Adults should carry a flashlight to help them see better and be seen better. Kids should wear reflective costumes. Kids should never dart into streets and to be sure and look both ways before crossing a street. Pets should be left at home.
October 5-11 is Fire Prevention Week. Please visit Fire Prevention Week for useful information regarding fire safety in your home, with helpful facts and information about the dangers of home fires and smoke alarm safety.