Welcome to Hutchins Police Department
Welcome to the official website of The City of Hutchins Police Department. We take great pride in serving our citizens and strive to provide optimum assistance wherever needed. Hutchins PD is a pro-active police department, led by Chief Frank McElligott, that is continually searching for new ways to increase community involvement creating positive interaction with their citizens. Hutchins has retained its small town feel despite a rapidly growing manifest of large companies and more on the way. The Hutchins Police Dept. is ready to meet the new challenges head on, by working closely with local companies to assure future success and economic growth.
The mission of the Hutchins Police Department is to effectively and efficiently provide for the protection of lives and property, preserve the public peace, and provide needed community services with the highest level of professionalism and ethical standards.
- DPS Announces Promotions, Retirements Within Leadership Team September 12, 2014AUSTIN - Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steven McCraw, with the advice and consent of the Texas Public Safety Commission, has named Robert Bodisch as deputy director of Homeland Security and Services...................
- DPS Museum Day Offers Interactive Fun for Families September 12, 2014AUSTIN - The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) invites the public to attend the DPS Museum Day on Sunday, Sept. 21, as part of Austin Museum Day, which features free exhibits and interactive activities...................
- DPS Releases Border Security Trends, Recent Activity September 11, 2014AUSTIN - The Texas Legislature has requested that the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) provide a publicly releasable summary of border incidents and a data report related to historical trends of crime...................
- Statement by DPS Director McCraw on 9/11 Anniversary September 10, 2014AUSTIN - Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) Director Steven McCraw issued the following statement regarding the anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks....................
- Money Laundering Takedown September 12, 2014In a major takedown in Los Angeles on Wednesday, September 10, nearly 1,000 federal, state, and local law enforcement officers seized approximately $100 million in cash, arrested nine subjects, and searched dozen of businesses in the city’s downtown fashion district alleged to have laundered money for Mexican drug cartels.
- Justice in Labor Trafficking Case September 9, 2014A woman’s arrest for shoplifting led authorities to the Ohio home where she—and her young daughter—had been held captive for more than two years.
- Vintage Fraud: Wine Dealer Sentenced in Counterfeiting Scheme September 5, 2014Rudy Kurniawan was recently sentenced to 10 years in prison for running an elaborate scheme in which he sold approximately $30 million worth of rare, expensive—and counterfeit—wine.
- Gear Up for the 2014-2015 FBI Safe Online Surfing Internet Challenge September 2, 2014Summer vacation is ending for students across the country, and as they head back to school, we want to help make sure that cyber safety is included in their lesson plans. Today we are launching the FBI Safe Online Surfing (FBI-SOS) Internet Challenge for the 2014-2015 school year. Last year, more than 75,000 students—from more […]
Here are some pictures of the Chief and Captain from their trip to the PathWay to Life Center of Hope Church this summer.