Welcome to Hutchins Police Department
The mission of the Hutchins Police Department is to effectively and efficiently provide for the protection of lives and property, preserve the public peace, and provide needed community services with the highest level of professionalism and ethical standards.
- DPS Offers Tips to Avoid Vehicle Theft This Holiday Season December 11, 2014AUSTIN - The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) is reminding Texans that the holiday season can be a prime time for vehicle thefts and is encouraging individuals to take necessary precautions to protect their vehicles..................
- $7,500 Reward Offered for Most Wanted Fugitive From Amarillo December 9, 2014AUSTIN - The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) has added Omar Cruz, 30, to the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive list, and a cash reward up to $7,500 is now being offered for information..................
- New Canine Teams Join DPS Crime Fighting Efforts December 5, 2014AUSTIN - The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) today graduated four troopers and canines from an eight-week training program..................
- Reward Increased to $8,000 for Most Wanted Sex Offender December 1, 2014AUSTIN - The reward for Jeffrey Ortiz, 37, a Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offender and this month's featured fugitive, has been increased to $8,000 for information leading to this capture..................
- A Commitment to Indian Country: Director Pledges Support for Victims December 11, 2014At the 14th National Indian Nations Conference on the reservation of the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians in California, FBI Director James Comey pledged the Bureau’s “unshakeable” commitment to tribal nations.
- Human Rights Day 2014 December 10, 2014Today is Human Rights Day—an observance first proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly in 1950 to recognize the fundamental rights of every individual—so we thought this would be an appropriate time to highlight our work as the lead agency for enforcing federal civil rights laws in the U.S.
- Latest Hate Crime Statistics Report Released December 8, 2014The FBI’s annual Hate Crime Statistics report reveals that 5,928 hate crime incidents involving 6,933 offenses were reported by our law enforcement partners to the Bureau’s Uniform Crime Reporting Program in 2013.
- New Top Ten Fugitive: Help Us Find a Murderer December 4, 2014A reward of up to $100,000 is being offered for information leading directly to the arrest of Yaser Abdel Said, who is wanted for allegedly murdering his two teenage daughters in Texas.
Adults should accompany children while they are “Trick or Treating” Adults should carry a flashlight to help them see better and be seen better. Kids should wear reflective costumes. Kids should never dart into streets and to be sure and look both ways before crossing a street. Pets should be left at home.
October 5-11 is Fire Prevention Week. Please visit Fire Prevention Week for useful information regarding fire safety in your home, with helpful facts and information about the dangers of home fires and smoke alarm safety.