Welcome to Hutchins Police Department
The mission of the Hutchins Police Department is to effectively and efficiently provide for the protection of lives and property, preserve the public peace, and provide needed community services with the highest level of professionalism and ethical standards.
- New Canine Teams Join DPS Crime Fighting Efforts December 6, 2013AUSTIN - The Texas Department of Public Safety graduated five troopers and canines from an eight-week training program. These canine teams will join 39 other DPS teams stationed throughout Texas.................................
- DPS Recognizes Individuals for Dedicated Service December 5, 2013AUSTIN - The Texas Public Safety Commission (PSC) and the Department of Public Safety (DPS) Director Steven McCraw presented a Director's Citation and Medal of Merit to two DPS employees.................................
- DPS Urges Texans to Prepare for Winter Storm December 4, 2013AUSTIN - The Texas Department of Public Safety is encouraging Texans to prepare for an arctic cold front expected to impact parts of Texas during the next few days, including the weekend................................
- Reward Increased to $15,000 for Most Wanted Sex Offender December 2, 2013AUSTIN - The reward for Santos Francisco Sanchez, 46, a Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offender and this month's featured fugitive, has increased to as much as $15,000 for information leading to his capture................................
- Billion-Dollar Investment Fraud Uncovered December 6, 2013For a group of financial fraudsters, it seemed like the ultimate get in an investment scam—a victim willing to hand over $1 billion. However, like victims of financial scams everywhere, these criminals should have paid more attention to the “if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is” adage—the wealthy “victim” in this case was actually an undercover F […]
- Attempted Extortion: Aspiring Actor’s New Role is Inmate December 3, 2013It was an outrageous plan worthy of a Hollywood thriller. But an aspiring actor’s real-life attempt to extort tens of millions of dollars from wealthy targets earned him decidedly bad reviews in federal court and a new role for the next seven years—as a prison inmate.
- Buyer Beware: Stay Alert on Cyber Monday December 2, 2013The Monday after Thanksgiving has become known as the biggest online shopping day of the year, with companies offering discounts galore to entice customers. But it’s also a day that scammers hope to use to their benefit by trying to lure in victims with offers that sound too good to be true. From fraudulent auction sales to gift card, phishing, and social ne […]
- NICS Turns 15 November 29, 2013Fifteen years ago, on November 30, 1998, the FBI flipped the switch on the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, or NICS, a provision of the 1993 Brady Act that requires background checks on individuals purchasing firearms or receiving them through some other means. Since its inception, the NICS has processed more than 177 million background che […]
General advice on preparing your family and your community for natural and man-made disasters Develop a communications plan for your family. Choose someone who does not live with you (preferably an out-of-town relative or friend) whom you and other family members can contact to check on each other in the event that you are separated […]
Some very good advice!! A corporate attorney sent the following out to the employees in his company. The next time you order checks have only your initials (instead of first name) and last name put on them. If someone takes your checkbook, they will not know if you sign your checks with just your initials […]