Welcome to Hutchins Police Department
The mission of the Hutchins Police Department is to effectively and efficiently provide for the protection of lives and property, preserve the public peace, and provide needed community services with the highest level of professionalism and ethical standards.
- Select Driver License Offices Open Saturdays to Issue Election Identification Certificates September 30, 2014AUSTIN – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS), in advance of the upcoming November election, will be offering Saturday hours at select driver license offices to issue Election Identification Certificates (EIC)...................
- DPS: Beware of Dangerous Flooding in West Texas Area September 22, 2014AUSTIN - The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) is urging Texans to be prepared for continued rising water and flooding of creeks, rivers, storm drains and low-lying areas across the West Texas region...................
- State Search Teams to Assist with Recovery Of Deceased Victims in Brooks County September 19, 2014AUSTIN - The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) and Texas State Guard have established special search teams to assist the Brooks County Sheriff's Office with locating and recovering human remains...................
- DPS to Assist Medical Professionals with Drug Change September 18, 2014AUSTIN - In preparation for the rescheduling of hydrocodone combination products (HCPs), the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) has increased staffing and resources to respond to medical practitioners...................
- FBI Arrests StealthGenie Mobile Spyware App Maker, Disables Website September 30, 2014The maker of a smartphone app that could surreptitiously monitor calls, texts, and videos on mobile phones was indicted in Virginia for allegedly conspiring to advertise and sell the spyware application.
- Help Us Catch the AK-47 Bandit September 30, 2014A reward of up to $100,000 is being offered in exchange for information leading to the arrest and conviction of a suspect who shot and wounded a California police officer after robbing a bank in 2012 and who has since been linked to four bank robberies and one attempt in multiple states using an assault […]
- FBI Releases Study on Active Shooter Incidents September 24, 2014The FBI has released a study of 160 active shooter incidents that occurred between 2000 and 2013 throughout the United States.
- FBI Announces Biometrics Suite’s Full Operational Capability September 23, 2014Agencies searching the FBI’s criminal history record database for matches to their subjects are getting faster and more accurate responses—the result of the Bureau’s 10-year effort to improve its ability to provide law enforcement partners with timely, high-quality identification. Earlier this month, the FBI announced the Next Generation Identification system, or NGI, is now at […]
Tomorrow, September 27, 2014 from 10am until 2pm we encourage you to bring by your unused or expired medications for proper disposal; no questions asked. Officers will be here at the Police Department to collect during those times. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at 972-225-2225.
How old does my child need to be to stay home alone? Answer: Texas law doesn’t say what age is old enough for a child to stay at home alone. However, adequate supervision is critical to keeping kids safe. An adult caregiver is accountable for the child’s care and inadequate supervision can be a type of […]